WorkCover Assist is a free service provided by WorkSafe Victoria that can help you with your workcover dispute as it progresses through the conciliation process. By offering you support and guidance, we aim to simplify the conciliation process for you. We can:
- explain the conciliation process to you
- provide you with technical assistance about your dispute
- help you identify information that will assist to resolve your dispute
- help speed up the resolution of your dispute
- attend the conciliation conference at the Accident Compensation Conciliation Service (ACCS), whether in Melbourne or regional Victoria, with you as your assistant
- help you identify any other workcover benefits you may be eligible for
Having offered this service since 1999, we are now used by workers in over 50% of all disputes at the ACCS. In 2018, we assisted in over 7500 disputes.